Sunday, February 27, 2011

When running has become part of my life.

Finisher Tee :D

Today I've completed a 10km run followed by a 30-storey climb at the NTUC building. Not unusual to many, those who know that I've been running since the start of last year. Up till now, I still have no idea how I got "addicted" to it. Good thing, perhaps. It was tiring climbing up the stairs after the run especially when the leg muscles got so strained. My first marathon of 2011, more to come & I'm glad my timing has improved.

The Singapore Blade Runner, Shariff Abdullah

An inspiring man

Not surprisingly, the Singapore Blade Runner was at the event too. It was an honour to run behind him for awhile, & he was the man who kept me going throughout the race, even during the climb. I felt like stopping. But the moment he ran past me, his determined gesture spurred me to persevere on. It was the fact that I had perfect limbs & I knew that I shouldn't give up. Thanks to him, he'll be my source of motivation in my upcoming marathons.

No comments: